Thursday, May 8, 2014

Week 1

This week has been filled with lots of ups and downs!  We had a very nice stay while we were in the hospital.  Nana and Grandpa got to stay with Javed and Charley and have some fun times with them while Mommy, Daddy, and I stayed in the hospital.  We had lots of wonderful cuddle time and some time to relax and sleep!

Daddy's Admiring Me

Chillin'

Getting Some Extra Cuddles with Papa Rock

 Uncle Brandon and Daddy are Practicing Their Comedy Routines

Cuddling with Mommy

Daddy is Extra Happy

Daddy is Trying to Smile Like Mommy

Sweet Cuddles

Getting Ready to Leave the Hospital

Daddy is Getting Us Ready to Go Home

Mommy is Ready for Us to Go Home

First Time in My Car Seat


Once we got home, Nana, Grandpa, Javed, and Charley had decorated our house for us!   We had a little bit of quiet time while they were at the volleyball game, and when they got home, they were SOOO excited to see me!!!

Pink Streamers

Can You Tell My Sister Loves Me?

Javed is Super Excited Too

Admiring

Happy!

As the week progressed, we had lots of cuddle time, which was awesome!!!

Talking to Daddy

Taking It All In

 Enjoying Time with Daddy

Sound Asleep

More Relaxin'

Silly Girl

Sweet Sisters

 Charley Can't Get Enough of Me

Javed Wants to Hold Me

All Spread Out

After several days, Mommy started to get concerned because I was seeming very irritable while I was eating and I wasn't having many peepee diapers.  When Mommy and Daddy took me to my first doctor's appointment, they found out that I had lost a lot of weight and I was dehydrated.  I had gone from 8 lbs, 2 oz to 6 lbs, 13 oz.  My pediatrician put me on a strict schedule.  Mommy would need to pump, then nurse me, then feed me with a syringe what she had pumped.   The hope was that in the next two days, I could gain at least one ounce.  It was a very stressful time, and that was coupled with the fact that Mommy started to feel bad--she got a fever and a sore throat, which didn't help her milk supply at all, and I didn't like that too much….

Our Reality

Relaxed

Trying to do Tummy Time

Beautiful Flowers from Uncle Sammy

Eating like a Birdy

More Cuddles with Sissy

Smiles

Kisses

My First Bath

Stretching

Sweet

Charley Likes to Help with the Lotion

Getting Lotion on My Toes

I Found My Thumb

The Doctor Said I Could Have a  Paci!

Just a Few Pills

I Got Mommy's Thumb

Today, I am officially 1 week old, and for my 1 week birthday, I went back to the doctor and I had gained 1 ounce!!!  Everyone was so excited that I am going in the right direction now!!!   Unfortunately, while at the doctor's office, Mommy had them test her for strep throat, and she had it!  :( That probably explains why she's been having trouble producing milk.  Luckily, her doctor gave her some meds, and hopefully, she will get better soon.  In the meantime, after school gets out, Mama D is going to take Javed and Charley to her house and Mommy, Daddy, and I are going to sleep!!


Cuddling with Daddy




No comments:

Post a Comment