Thursday, May 1, 2014

Happy Birthday, Riley Grace!

This morning, I was supposed to be induced at 6am, but around 4am, I received a phone call saying they were postponing things because it was too busy.  Although we were all disappointed, I tried to find peace in God's perfect timing.  Around 8 o'clock, we got a call that they were ready for us.  We got dressed and headed to the hospital.  When we arrived, it was very obvious that they had been busy.  They finally got me a room (that was clean) and Dr. New came in and checked me, and I was 3 cm and 70% effaced.  He then broke my water, and we hoped that labor would begin.  Rick, Jamie (my doula), and I started walking the halls, and although there were some moments that I thought the contractions were getting more intense, it wasn't true labor.  After about an hour and a half, they decided to start the pitocin.  Within 20-30 minutes, I was in labor and those meds were definitely working!  I had a great support system: Rick, Jamie, Tara, my parents, and Rick's parents were all there.  They were all very encouraging and helped me get through some intense pain!  Rick read me bible verses and helpful advice, which helped my soul.  Jamie, Rick, and Tara did hip squeezes and back squeezes to keep the intensity of the contractions in check.  My parents brought me ice chips and cold wash rags, and everybody was just so encouraging…but the pain was almost unbearable!  After going back and forth, I decided the pain was too intense, and I got a light epidural.  The anesthesiologist was not very happy about only giving me a light one, but he did it.  This definitely took the edge off the pain and my legs weren't too numb, which I was very concerned about.  By that point, we were guessing I was dilated about 6cm or 7cm, and a new nurse came in to check me.  She quickly told me that I was 4 cm--maybe 3cm.  I thought she was joking (since that is pretty much what I was when I walked in the door).  She sternly told me that she wasn't joking.  I was feeling VERY discouraged and frustrated and still in pain!  I went through some more contractions, and then she checked me again and said I was 7cm.  Dr. New came in and said I actually was 8cm.  He thought within an hour, I should be able to deliver Riley.  Probably about 10 minutes later, I felt the urge to push.   They called him back in, and the pushing began.  During this time, Jamie got a call that she had to be at another birth, and so another doula, Lindsay, came in.  Luckily, Jamie was able to stay until Riley was born! :)  After pushing for almost an hour, Riley Grace Drew entered the world.  I was overcome with emotion and couldn't believe my angel was actually here!!!  She weighed 8 lbs, 2 oz and was 20 3/4 inches long.  She was perfect, and we couldn't be more blessed!!!  After they got me all taken care of and they gave me meds that would cause me to not hemorrhage, Javed and Charley were able to come meet their little sister.  They were really excited and so proud of their little Riley Grace.   Today, we thank you, God, for the precious miracle our baby girl.  We ask that you help us raise her in a way that she depends on You for everything.  We thank you for the miracle of me not hemorrhaging and we thank you for our beautiful child that You have entrusted in our hands.  May we never forget the miracle of Your precious child, Riley Grace.

"For You formed my inward parts; You knitted me together in my mother's womb.  I praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Wonderful are Your works; my soul knows it very well."  Psalm 139: 13-14
Trying to Get Away from the Cords

Someone Is Having Fun :)

Sitting on the Ball

What a Pair!

Checking On Things While Mommy Gets Her Epidural

Between Contractions

In the Midst of Contractions

Thank God for Jamie!

Great Support

 Laboring

Sweet Grandpa 

Nana is Lovin' on Mommy

Having a Rough Time

Daddy is Trying to Inspire Mommy :)

Our Goals

Talking Through Things 

Getting Ready to Meet Riley 

Daddy is Reading Mommy Inspiring Verses

Trying to Relax After the Epidural

Another Contraction

Pressure Points

It's a Team Effort

Working Together

In So Much Pain

Getting Through Another One

In Between Contractions

Another Contraction

Playing while They Wait for Their Sister

Mommy Is So Excited and Emotional


So Special


We Did It!


So In Love


Our Awesome Doulas!

Daddy's Girl

Getting All Checked Out

Being Weighed

Nana Loves Me

Happy Birthday, Sweet Riley!

Mommy is So Glad I am Here

Mommy and Daddy are in Love With Me

Mama D is So Excited to Meet Me

Big Smiles

Now, Papa Rock Has Me

Meeting Javed and Charley

Family Pic

In Awe

Sisters

Getting Weighed and Checked Out

Close Up

All Cuddly

Grandpa Loves Me

So Does Nana

 Mama D Loves Me

Dr. New Has the Same Birthday as Me

Getting Cleaned

Relaxing

Not Happy about Being Cold

Daddy's Girl

Sweet Baby

Sweet

 Getting Checked

Mommy is SOO Glad I am Here

Brandon is Telling Aunt Kristen She Should Be Jealous :)

Smiles

Brother and Sister Are Dancing Away- So Happy I am Here!!!

 Waltzing

Sweet Brother and Sister

Big Bro

Reading with Nana


















No comments:

Post a Comment