Monday, August 6, 2012

Mommy's Helper

I absolutely love helping Mommy in the kitchen.  We decided to make a colorful dinner tonight, and I decided that I wanted to help crack the eggs.  Mommy showed me how to crack them,  roll them in my hands, peel them, and wash them off.  Mommy was SO impressed at what a good job I did! 

So Proud

My Egg

Eggcellent Job


For dinner, we made a corn and chicken salad and a fruit salad, and then we surprised Daddy with a special dessert-- strawberry shortcake.  I was SO excited about our surprise.  I tried really hard to not tell him what it was.  I would run into the other room and whisper to Mommy (so I could tell someone). Then, I kept telling Mommy, "Shh, don't tell Dadddy."  I told Daddy that I would give him a hint: "short."  Then halfway through dinner, I decided to give him another hint: "strawberry."   I was so impressed when he figured it out.  :)   Fun times.

Here is what we did for all of our colors:
Red- Bell pepper and strawberries
Orange- Bell pepper and nectarines
Yellow- Corn and the inside of our eggs
Green-Letttuce and celery
Blue- Blueberries
Purple- Grapes
Our Salad

Our Fruit Salad

Yummy Salad

Daddy and I Love our Dessert

Do You Think Charley Liked it Too?

No comments:

Post a Comment