Friday, March 2, 2012

An Unexpected Day

This past week has been pretty tough for me.  On Tuesday night, I started not feeling so well, and when Mommy checked my temperature, she saw that I had a fever.  That night, I slept for 15 hours, and when I finally woke up at 10, I was definitely sick!  For the rest of the week, I had a fever and just felt pretty bad.  On Friday, Mommy took me to the doctor.  Since I really didn't have any other symptoms besides a fever and a small rash, my doctor wanted to run some tests on me.  First, they had to do a strep test, which I did not like at all.  After we found out that I didn't have strep, they had to cath me, so they could test my urine.  I was not very happy about this one either!  After that, they had to take a bunch of blood.  After the nurse had taken blood from one arm, she started to get more from my left arm.  In the middle of it, my arm broke out in a horrible rash (which we later found out was called petechiae).  Since this could be a sign of something more serious, the doctor wanted us to go to the ER, so they could run some other blood tests.  I was SOOO tired of being messed with and I still didn't feel well, so I was not happy about going to the ER.  Luckily, there were lots of nice nurses and doctors there, and Daddy came to my room too, which made me happy.  There was one really nice nurse who brought me some toys. When they had to take blood again, Mommy and Daddy sang songs to me, and the nice nurse blew bubbles for me.  After all that was over, I just wanted to stay close to Mommy, and not have ANYONE else touch me.  When the nurse came in and said all my test results looked fine, we were all happy to go home.  It was a rough day, but I sure am glad that my blood results were okay!

My Arm Right After They Took Blood

My Arm While We Were in the ER

Eating Goldfish

Can You Tell Mommy Loves Me?

Very Serious Look

Making Sure Mommy Is Still Here

No comments:

Post a Comment