Monday, June 2, 2014

Celebrating the Moments

From Mommy:  If I thought life was busy with 2 kids, I had no idea how crazy life would be with 3!  It seems like someone is always needing my attention and I am being pulled in a million different directions.  Even writing this post has taken me so long because I have started and stopped so many times.

Once we left the awards ceremony today, we had to go to the grocery store.  Charley, Riley, and  I rushed through the store, so that we could get back home before Riley had to eat.  Once we got home, I  quickly unloaded the groceries and fed Riley and tried to put her down for a nap.  Charley and I went downstairs to get some lunch.  Before I fixed lunch, I remembered that the toilet wasn't flushing right, so I tried to plunge it, and instead, the whole toilet overflowed everywhere!!!  It was a huge mess, and while I stepped around in the water and searched for towels, I could hear Riley screaming upstairs.  I would run upstairs and give her a paci, and then come downstairs and soak up some more water.  This continued for awhile and we finally got everything cleaned up.  Then, it was time to make lunch and feed Charley.  After all of that, I let Charley play with the IPad and Riley and I had some cuddle time on the couch and we just said NO to the rest of the world. :)

I have found that the craziness continues and this is just going to be our new normal.  Some parts will get easier, and some will not, but within those moments, I'm learning how to say no to things that aren't important and celebrate the moments with the people I love!!!!  :)

Reality :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm dealing with four under the age of 5. My sanity was lost a long, long time ago.

    ReplyDelete