Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Broken

She said: This week was has been pretty rough for me.  On Monday, Javed and I were playing tag at the Ark, and when Javed tagged me, I fell on my foot the wrong way, and it did not feel good at all.  I started crying and crying, and when Mommy picked me up, I just kept crying (which is very unlike me).  When Mommy tried to put me down, I almost fell down, and it hurt really badly.   We went ahead and left and went home and throughout the car ride, I kept telling Mommy that I was hurting and that I wanted a bandaid to make it feel better. :(   When we got home, and I still didn't want to put any weight on it, Mommy called Daddy and the doctor, and they both said we should go to the ER.  Once we got to the hospital, we were seen very quickly, and after taking X-rays, they said that I had a greenstick fracture in my metatarsal...in other words, I broke a part of my foot.   They gave me some medicine and put something on my foot that would stabilize it for a couple of days until we could go see a pediatric orthopedic doctor.  I was such a WONDERFUL patient--I didn't even cry.  The nurses said that they were super impressed with me!  Mommy, Daddy, and Javed were so proud of me!

My Swollen Foot

The Best Medicine: A Grape Popsicle :)

All Wrapped Up

Still Smiling

After we went home and went to bed, I woke up this morning, and my foot started to feel a little better. I still didn't want to put weight on it, and so I just had Mommy carry me everywhere!

Sweet Girl

Cutie

Brother Wants a Picture Too :)

After a long day of being carried around, Mommy, Mama D, and I set off for the orthopedic doctor (while Javed and Papa Rock went on a boy's date to Bass Pro).   When I got there, they said that I would need a cast and after looking at all the colors, I decided on pink!  I sat still and was such a good sport as they put my cast on.  Mommy and Mama D were so proud of me.   After the cast, we went and met Javed and Papa Rock at Chick-fil-A, which was fun!  Although I am not ready to walk on my cast yet, I am trying my best to get around- I am scooting and crawling and just doing whatever I need to.  Ms. Determined! :)  Athough it's been a rough week, I have been such a trooper!    We are thankful that it was not worse and that after 4 weeks, I can take the cast off! :)

Waiting for the Doctor

My Poor Foot--Kind of Green 

Still a Little Swollen

Momma Loves Me

Getting Wrapped

Looking at My Pink Cast

More Wrapping

Eating at Chick-fil-A

Sweetie

First Getting Home with New Cast

Gotta Keep Trying

If I Can't Walk, I'll Crawl

Silly!

Playing Chase

Mommy had to share this sweet from her sweet friend,  Ms. Ashley:

After seeing the pictures of Miss Charley...I felt the Lord tugging at my heart saying,   "What if you trusted me to take care of you like a child trusts their mom to care of them? What if you exuded the beautiful smile that Charley does while being "broken"?"   Don't you love our babies and how they constant point is to Christ?!?


Thank you, baby Charley, for your sweet smile and your reminders to trust God with all our hearts!  I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment